Saturday, 5 June 2010

WOAH! LOOOOONG Week!

Captains Log: Its currently 5:32 and am finally laying down on my bed after an incredibly long week.

Started out with classes on Monday. We had our first session at Lion Heart Radio on Monday as well. We learned how to use the equipment and how to play songs on air. We will be sitting in on Boydy's (the head guy) show ths monday and then next week we start our own shows!

Nothing too exciting has happend during the week...mostly the reason I havent posted in a bit. But reassuringly I am still alive, have all my limbs and am functioning.

I had a pleasant surprise on Sunday evening. My friend from high school, and St. Cloud (Katie Champion) stopped by the castle for a couple days with her family. We celebrated Bank Holiday on Sunday night and met some more locals.

Wednesday night we had a campfire in the pasture and had a blast. We got yelled at for being too loud. Many of the people here with me seem to not observe their surroundings before acting or thinking about something before they do something....its just their way all the time, and they are used to everything just handed to them or available whenever they want it.

Our field trip yesterday was to the Coastal Castles. We had a marine biologist with us too and we went rockpooling. I stole/borrowed old boots I found that someone had left in the basement from a previous semester, and looked ridiculous but i had a blast! We walked for what seemed like an eternity yesterday along the coast. For once, it didnt rain; and it ended up being a gorgeous day. My camera battery died in the middle of the second castle we saw. It was dissapointing but i just soaked in as much as I could.

After we got back, several of us went to New Castle for the evening and most of today. We just got back not too long before I started this post. We went out and enjoyed not being cooped up in the castle. We had no intentions of partying until 6 am (when this club we heard of was open until)...but a couple of us made it to 4 am. The sun rises here at about 3, and we were astonished at how bright it was soo early. I had the most phenominal pizza last night from a small little pizza place on the way back to our hostel.

We spent most of today walking around and shopping. I got a football jersey! (yay england) and a couple shirts. We are going to grill out tonight, but we all want naps because we are just dead beat right now.

I will be posting pics soon! It takes a while, but they will come soon.

1 comment: