Sunday, 20 June 2010

Czech'n out Prague!

Captains Log: It is currently 4:00PM here in Prague, and Im sitting in the lobby of my hostel trying to upload some pics after a long day of getting lost in the city.

Prague is amazing. It is very bohemian and gothic (style). The castle is completely different than the castles I am used to seeing in England...and its nice to not here every little bit of history about every little monument or building or clump of rocks for once.

My flight into Prague was about a half hour late from london, but I arrived safely and in one piece! I set up camp in my room, took a shower and walked around a bit. I then went on one of the biggest Pub Crawls EVER! It was soo much fun, but Absinth = NOT GOOD. It was free absinth shots and vodka shots and crappy beer for the first hour. Then we went to about 4 other places and got welcome shots there. We then ended in one of Europes biggest dance club. (It was 5 stories, but I only remember seeing 3....)

I started my expedition this morning by heading out towards the castle, over Charles bridge. I think hiked for what seemed forever until i reached the castle. When I got there, they were in the process of their changing of the guards so that was cool to see.

Then I had a traditional Czech meal...goulash. it was basically beef stew in a bread bowl. It was realy good.

I ventured on somemore and finally stumbled upon the John Lennon Wall. I thought it was really neat. Its obviously changed a lot over years because people keep adding onto things and going over others, but I had a good time. I met a photographer from Hong Kong, a family from Ohio, and a couple from Australia. Came back to upload some pics and let everyone know what I have been up to. Gotta find something to eat again in a bit I suppose and then seeing what the night has in store for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment